It's that time of year again. Spring! Birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming and temperures are raising. It's the perfect season get out into the community. Here are a few great upcoming, pet and family friendly events.
April 16, 2015 4pm - 8pm | Adams County Earth Festival and Planet Party
Pet Scoop will be a vendor at the Adams County Earth Festival and Planet Party. It's a party of environmentally friendly services and products. The event will be held at Adams County Regional Park's Waymire Domre.
Did you know that we compost pet waste for the Adams County Animal Shelter?
April 26, 2014 at 9am | Canine Classic 5K walk/run to benefit MESA
This Boulder event is in it's 15th year! The race is a dog friendly 5k run for participants of all ages. A canine companion is optional. The run will take place at the Boulder Reservoir. All proceeds benefit Moving to the End Sexual Assault (MESA); a Boulder non-profit. More information > http://www.canineclassicboulder.org/
May 2, 2015 | The Denver Dumb Friends League Furry Scurry
The Dumb Friends League Furry Scurry has become a tradition for many Denver area residents. The annual two-mile walk for animals takes place at Denver’s Washington Park on the first Saturday in May. As the Dumb Friends League’s largest annual fundraiser, more than 12,000 people and 5,000 dogs join us for the walk and raise funds for the homeless pets in our care.
We feel very fortunate to live and work in Colorado. Colorado has so many great events. We'd like to bring a few of them to you each month. If you know of any upcoming pet friendly events, tell us about them. Post a comment here or on our social networks!
If you manage municipalities, multifamily communities or Dog parks you've probably started to hear more about Dog waste DNA testing to manage dog waste problems. Dog waste DNA testing for managed communities is not new and as more and more people embrace dog ownership, one dog, two dogs or even three dogs, the problem of Who Dung it or irresponsible pet ownership is growing.
PooPrints, a dog waste DNA testing program has been in the news for the Denver and Boulder areas frequently. It seems people on both sides have strong opinions about the service. Here are a few recent videos that feature PooPrints and Sam Johnson, the President here at Pet Scoop Services in Denver.
Boulder Colorado Pet Waste Issue and PooPrints
Denver's Channel 7 talks to Pet Scoop about PooPrints
These video are pretty cute and are great human interest stories. But let's talk a bit about why PooPrints Dog Waste DNA testing can be an important tool for managed communities.
Here are some awesome whys for the PooPrints program:
• Eliminates the headache of dog poop in your community and increase NOI through pet registrations.
• Increases resident retention rates because all tenants, dog owners and non-pet owners alike, enjoy their cleaner and greener neighborhood.
• Reduces pet waste will by 75% - 100% almost immediately after registering pets on the property.
• Is a no cost solution for property management when utilizing a portion of the resident's pet fee.
• Provides undeniable accountability and is easy to implement with your residents.
• Offers unique pet ID tags for easy identification of registered pets within your community.
• Provides pet policy amendments and notification emails to send to your residents are provided to you.